How to Become a Red Hat Certified Engineer?
Certifications are proof of your knowledge in that particular field. For a Linux system admin, there are two certifications:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
EX200 – Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam – A Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) will be able to perform the following tasks:
- Understand the usage of essential tools for handling different files, directories, accessing the command lines, and documenting those.
- Operate on booting into different run levels, processes, working on virtual machines, and services
- Configuration of storage by partitions and different logical volumes
- Learn about file systems, create them and work on permissions, access controls
- Use package installers like RPM, APT and install software and, configure them
- Manage users and groups
- Manage security, including firewall.
EX300 – Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam – An RHCE is capable of RHCSA tasks and the following:
- Learn about static routes and NAT
- Setting kernel parameters
- Producing and delivering reports on system utilization
- Shell Scripting
- Learn to configure HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH
Certification alone will not ensure your skill in Linux. You need job-oriented training to get the correct exposure to be successful in your career. DevOps Gurukul provides a Linux System Administration course that focuses on both certification and hands-on training so that any candidate who likes to go on for certification will be able to clear the exam and the exposure which we provide will help in the future when you start working for real.
DevOps Gurukul is one of the best training academies which provides a Complete RedHat Linux Training Course and the RedHat Training Center In Kochi. We have experienced training professionals who are passionate about grooming the right candidates to start their successful careers. Come learn with us and have a bright future!